Saturday 8 November 2014

SUMMER HOLIDAY ~ On the beach

A holiday at the sea without going on the beach is really an anomaly for Connor.  Of course the weather had a lot to do with that so on Thursday afternoon we ventured onto the beach ... I have to be honest and say that although the weather was lousy I fell in love with the beach and even the sound of the sea.

My hunny kept us entertained







Going to Durban is just not the same since my Dad passed away ... I really miss my Dad.
 Some interesting facts about the black sand at Umhlanga ...
We saw this beautiful collie come bounding onto the beach and plop down ... he dropped the tennis ball in his mouth and it rolled into the sea ... his master came along and picked up the ball and threw it and the dog ran after it ... we watched them for ages doing this little ritual of theirs.  Amazing how a dog can train his master to do what he wants.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful place and how interesting to read about the black sand! I think we have something like it in some places here but I could be mistaken. You hunny is such a ham!

    I am sorry you were missing your Dad while here. I am sure you miss him all the time. Tomorrow is my Dad's birthday and in the past couple of years he has begun to seem elderly. It's a bit of a shock. I am very close to both of my parents and do not like reminders that they will not always be here.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope your Dad's birthday was super special. It is difficult when our parents start to get old because it sure is a reminder that they will not always be here ... Enjoy the relationship you have with them while they are here.

      I sure do miss my Dad all the time and more so when we are in Durban as he lived there so we didn't get to see him much ~ when we went on holiday it was the first stop and the last stop we made and now it feels weird to drive straight to our accommodation without making that stop.

      Delete